- November 8: Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church came into being when 46 men with their families severed connections with St. John Evangelical Protestant Church for doctrinal reasons and organized the German Evangelical Lutheran Zion Church in Mascoutah.
- January 2: Elders decided to call the Rev. F. Herold.
- May 6: It was decided a church should be built.
- June 10: With the choir singing, the congregation laid the new church's cornerstone, surrounded by a large group of friends.
- Pastor Herold journeyed to St. Louis to purchase the bell; the contract was set for the ball and the rooster to adorn the top of the steeple.
- October 10: All was completed and the new church was dedicated. Members sang "Open Now Thy Gates of Beauty" as they stood at the entrance to the new church building. After entering, the choir opened the service with "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God".
- July 6: Pastor Herold died.
- September: A Christian day school was opened. Classes were first held in the vestibule and balcony of the church building.
- A house was purchased to the north of the church, which became a parsonage.
- Teacher Fribolin, a member of the congregation, was called.
- A school building was erected which lay between the church and the parsonage.
- Teacher Wissbeck was called to take charge of the school.
- Rev. Gottfried Jung was installed.
- September 23: Teacher Wissbeck was released by the congregation.
- July: Because the school building was so low, heavy rains inundated the parsonage. Therefore, the school was turned into a parsonage and the parsonage into a school.
- July 18: Pastor Jung, because of health reasons, could not stand the added burden of school teaching and left the congregation.
- September: Rev. J. Merkel was called.
- October 28: Pastor F.W. Brockman was installed. The school has been closed, but Pastor Brockman reopened it. Pastor Brockman received a call and with his departure the congregation closed the school permanently.
- April: Pastor Woltmann from Wisconsin was called. During his pastorate in the year 1900 electric lights were installed.
- The first pipe organ was purchased by the Ladies Aid.
- The congregation built a permanent parish house for its pastors. A modern brick parsonage was erected at the cost of $3,200.
- During the residence of Pastor August Herbert, Zion celebrated its Golden Jubilee.
- With Pastor Ralph Fessler, Zion celebrated its 75th Anniversary. As part of this thanksgiving, new stained glass windows with symbolic medallions were dedicated to the praise of God.
- More property was purchased across the street from the church with the prospect of building. The Ladies Aid purchased a 13 rank pipe organ from Schlicker Company of Buffalo, New York.
- The Legion Hall building was purchased for educational purposes.
- May 25: An Educational Building is dedicated. The building houses two large classrooms, the pastor and secretary offices, a kitchen and gymnasium.
- January 29: Rev. Walter Symank is installed as pastor.
- In honor of the celebrations of Zion's Centennial, the interior of the church was redecorated. The congregation also purchased another adjoining lot west of its present property.
- May 30: Pastor Glenn Thomas was ordained and installed as pastor of Zion.
- The Preschool opened as an educational mission to the congregation.
- November 8: Zion celebrated its 125th Anniversary. With the guidance of Pastor Gregory Jans, a time capsule was buried on the church grounds. The capsule contains many items and will be unearthed after 50 years.
- Members decide it is time to build a new church.
- November 30: Pastor Mark Love was installed as pastor of Zion.
- March: The floor plans and design was accepted and it was decided to use Labors for Christ and Pathway Ministries to raise the funds for building of our new church.
- April 25: Groundbreaking services were held for the new sanctuary and offices of Zion.
- November 25: Thanksgiving Service began in the old sanctuary and moved to the new sanctuary. With the ringing of the bell, the service continued there.
- December 3: Dedication Service Sunday.
- August 28: Pastor Kirk M. Clayton was installed as pastor of Zion.
- February 19: Completion of the building program with the dedication of the finished church basement.
- November 9: Celebration of Zion's 140th Birthday. President Mueller served as Guest Preacher. Previous pastors and sons of the congregation assist in the service.
Zion's Pastoral History
1868-1871 Rev. F. Herold
1872-1881 Rev. John G. Goehringer
1881-1886 Rev. Gottfried Jung
1886-1888 Rev. J. Merkel
1888-1890 Rev. F. W. Brockmann
1891-1900 Rev. Woltmann
1900-1901 Rev. Spannuth
1901-1903 Rev. J. C. Ambacher
1903-1906 Rev. G. P. A. Schaaf
1908-1910 Rev. Walter Stoehr
1910-1920 Rev. August W. Herbert
1920-1924 Rev. Adolph Kollmorgen
1925-1940 Rev. Richard A. Heinke
1940-1947 Rev. Ralph C. Fessler
1947-1952 Rev. Richard Muehl
1953-1956 Rev. William Goerss
1956-1960 Rev. Willis Laetsch
1961-1966 Rev. Walter Symank
1967-1976 Rev. James L. Clark
1976-1978 Rev. Wayne Schmidt
1978-1981 Rev. Robert Nestler
1981-1982 Rev. Dale A. Meyer
1982-1989 Rev. Glen D. Thomas
1989-1997 Rev. Gregory D. Jans
1997 Rev. Robert Weise
1997-2004 Rev. Mark W. Love
2004-2005 Rev. Darwin Schrader
2005-Present Rev. Kirk M. Clayton